Sunday, April 25, 2010

Extreme Rules Predictions

Time for Extreme Rules predictions. There are some interesting matches set up for this event and some of the matches are part of pretty impressive feuds.

JTG vs. Shad Gaspard (Strap Match)
What I want to happen: After Shad turned on him; I’d kind of like to see JTG pick up the win in this match.
My Prediction: This match seriously favors Shad, and I don’t really see JTG beating him, so I’m predicting Shad will win this match.

Michelle McCool vs. Beth Phoenix (Extreme Makeover Match for the Women’s Championship)
What I want to happen: I’d like to see Beth Phoenix destroy Michelle McCool and add another Women’s Championship to her résumé.
My Prediction: The rules of the match are unclear, but it appears to be a form of no disqualification and I expect Layla (and possibly Vickie) to interfere in the match. Due to this, I predict that Michelle McCool picks up the win.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk (If Punk loses, his head gets shaved)
What I want to happen: I’d like to see Mysterio beat Punk and add insult to injury by successfully shaving his head.
My Prediction: This match is hard to predict, but I expect that Mysterio will pick up the win in this match. As for Punk’s head actually getting shaved; although the stipulation of the match requires that if he loses, if Mysterio wins, I expect the SES to interfere and at least try to save Punk’s hair.

Triple H vs. Sheamus (Street Fight)
What I want to happen: Triple H gives Sheamus the beating he deserves.
My Prediction: The cerebral assassin picks up the win in a hard fought match.

Edge vs. Chris Jericho (Steel Cage Match)
What I want to happen: Edge destroys Jericho in this match.
My Prediction: Edge seems to have Jericho’s number in this match. Ever since he lost at Wrestlemania, Edge has been looking to destroy Jericho. I expect that in the steel cage, he finally takes out Jericho and defeats him in the ring.

John Cena vs. Batista (Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship)
What I want to happen: I want Cena to destroy Batista in this match.
My Prediction: Cena picks up the win and puts an end to his feud with Batista.

Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton (Extreme Rules Match for the World Heavyweight Championship)
What I want to happen: I’m divided on this. I think Swagger could be a great champion, and a win in this match would pretty much solidify his title reign. On the other hand, I kind of would like to Orton pick up the win and get a run with the World Heavyweight Championship.
My Prediction: Swagger retains. I expect Randy to put up a good fight, but I expect that in the end, Swagger will find a way to pick up the win over Randy and walk out with the World Heavyweight Championship still around his waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment