Sunday, July 11, 2010

Victory Road Predictions

Feeling lazy again and I didn’t review SmackDown. I’m helping with a lock-in at my church tonight, so I’m not sure how soon I’ll get to watch Victory Road, but I’ll get the review posted as soon as I’ve watched it. Time for predictions.

Douglas Williams vs. Brian Kendrick: X-Division Championship (Ultimate X/Submission Match)
What I want to happen: Kendrick Shows Williams that while his mat wrestling style is impressive, it’s not necessarily better than the high flying style.
My Prediction: Ultimate X definitely favors Kendrick’s traditional high flying style. Kendrick has also shown in recent weeks that he has an impressive submission hold in his arsenal. I don’t know whether it will end by retrieving the belt or through submission, but I expect Kendrick to pick up the win in this match.

Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money, Inc.: TNA World Tag Team Championship
What I want to happen: I’d like to see the Guns pick up a victory in this match.
My Prediction: The Guns have never held the TNA World Tag Team Championship, and I really think Beer Money has become convinced that the Guns aren’t a threat to them. I fully expect the Guns to pick up the win (and their first reign as TNA Tag Champs) in this match.

Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez (Steel Cage Match)
What I want to happen: I would like to see Hernandez get revenge for everything Morgan has done to him over the past few months.
My Prediction: Hernandez picks up the win, but it’s not going to be an easy match. Look for Morgan to pull out all the stops, but also look for Hernandez to overcome the odds and gain the victory.

Ric Flair vs. Jay Lethal
What I want to happen: I’d like to see Lethal pick up the win.
My Prediction: This is in some ways hard to predict. I fully expect this to be a tough match, but I also expect that Lethal will pick up the win in the end. The only real question is whether Lethal gains a clean victory over Flair or picks up a DQ victory due to Flair’s tactics or outside interference.

Madison Rayne vs. Angelina Love: TNA Knockouts Championship (Title vs. Career)
What I want to happen: I want Angelina to pick up the win and her 4th Knockouts Championship reign.
My Prediction: At this point, with all that’s been placed on this match, Angelina is pretty much guaranteed to take home the title. The real question here is whether it will be by victory or because Velvet or Lacey interferes. I honestly see her picking up the pinfall victory in this match.

Brother Devon vs. Brother Ray vs. Jesse Neal
What I want to happen: I’d really like to see Jesse Neal pick up the win in this match to solidify him as a big performer.
My Prediction: Brother Ray is at a disadvantage in this match. Eventually it will likely come down to true triple threat rules, but as it starts, I’d expect it to be Brother Devon and Jesse Neal teaming up against Ray. In the end, this match is hard to predict, but for some reason I see Devon picking up the win.

A.J. Styles and Kazarian vs. TBA
What I want to happen: As I don’t know who A.J. and Kaz will be facing, it’s hard to determine who I’d like to win. I honestly like A.J. and Kaz being paired up as a team because I think they could do really well, but depending on whom their opponents are revealed to be, I can’t say for sure that I definitely want A.J. and Kaz to win.
My Prediction: As I already said, I think A.J. and Kaz are a good pairing. It’s hard to say for sure what the outcome of this match will be, but I expect A.J. and Kaz to find a way to work together and pick up the win.

Kurt Angle vs. D’Angelo Dinero
What I want to happen: I’m honestly a big fan of both Angle and the Pope. Despite this, it’s not hard to pick sides in this one as Angle has said that if he loses he will leave TNA.
My Prediction: This match is easy to predict. As much as I like the Pope, with Angle saying he will leave if he loses, he’s pretty much guaranteed to pick up the win in this match.

Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Abyss: TNA World Heavyweight Championship
What I want to happen: It really doesn’t matter to me too much who picks up the win. Despite his recent behavior, I wouldn’t even mind Abyss winning as I think another title reign for the “Monster” could be great, especially with his current aggressiveness. As far as I’m concerned, whoever wins has the capability to be a great champion.
My Prediction: I see RVD picking up in the win and proving that just because a fatal four way match doesn’t favor the champion, he still has a chance to retain his title.

No comments:

Post a Comment