Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wrestlemania Predictions

First, I would like to note that I will be gone for most of this weekend, so I may not post a review of Wrestlemania till Monday or Tuesday. That being said, it's time for me to make my Wrestlemania predictions.

Money In the Bank Ladder Match (Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne vs. MVP vs. Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jack Swagger vs. Matt Hardy vs. Drew McIntyre)

What I want to happen: Honestly, most of the superstars in this match have proven they deserve a title shot. This match should definitely be exciting (especially with 10 superstars in the match instead of 8.) I would really like to see Hardy or Kane win the match as they are both long overdue for a major title shot.

My Prediction: Kofi Kingston walks away Mr. Money In the Bank. Kofi has been on a roll lately, and following his feud with Randy Orton, Kofi has proved he deserves a shot at the title. I expect he'll get that shot after he walks away with the MITB Briefcase at Wrestlemania.

Triple H vs. Sheamus

What I want to happen: I'm not really sure what I want to happen in this match. Part of me really wants Sheamus to be beaten down by Triple H, but another part of me feels that Sheamus really needs this win if he wants to truly solidify himself as a main eventer.

My Prediction: This match is hard to predict. The question rides on whether or not the WWE would allow Triple H to be defeated by Sheamus. Although I do believe they're trying to make Sheamus into a big name, I just can't see them letting him beat Triple H in a fair match. My prediction is that, barring Sheamus getting a cheap/unfair win, Sheamus will put up a good fight, but Triple H will eventually pull out the win in the match.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio (If Mysterio loses, he must join the Straight Edge Society)

What I want to happen: As one who lives a straight edge lifestyle, I understand the "Straight Edge means I'm better than you gimmick." I do not however, agree with this thinking, and over the weeks, Punk's gimmick has begun to get on my nerves. For this reason, I really hope that Mysterio gives him a beating and wins the match.

My Prediction: I cannot see the WWE letting Mysterio lose this match and have to join the Straight Edge Society. I would say that either Mysterio will pick up a solid victory in the match, or he will win with Punk losing by disqualification.

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes

What I want to happen: The build-up to this match has been quite interesting, and I have begun to find myself rooting for Randy Orton. As all three of these men are part of the upper tier of wrestlers on RAW, a loss for any of them wouldn't be that big of a deal. Despite this, I would like to see Randy Orton pick up the win as it has been a while since he has had a solid victory and it's about time he shows dominance of DiBiase and Rhodes.

My Prediction: The feud has been building up to this match, but the odds suddenly shift when it becomes a triple threat match. I expect DiBiase and Rhodes to team up against Orton early on, eventually the fact that it is a triple threat match will kick in and I predict, that while DiBiase and Rhodes fight one another, Orton will take advantage to win the match.

Bret Hart vs. Mr. McMahon

What I want to happen: This match is a long time coming, Bret Hart's return to the WWE was a shocking announcement, but this match puts a cap on a great career. As this will probably be Bret Hart's last match, I'd like to see him go out with a bang, and pick up a decisive victory over McMahon.

My Prediction: As this match is No Holds Barred, I expect it will be more of a street fight than a match. I also expect that Mr. McMahon will likely bring other superstars out to aid him in the match. I also wouldn't put it past the Hart Dynasty to interfere on Bret's behalf if this happens. In the end, I expect Bret to get the victory over Mr. McMahon, but I doubt it will be an easy victory.

ShoMiz (Big Show and The Miz) vs. John Morrison and R-Truth: Unified Tag Team Title Match

What I want to happen: Although John Morrison and R-Truth have proven they can work together well as a tag team and seem to have ShoMiz's number, I don't think they're ready to hold the tag team titles. That being said, I would like to see ShoMiz retain the title in this match.

My Prediction: I expect ShoMiz to win the match. They've held the title for less than 2 months, and it seems doubtful to me that they would lose the titles this quickly. Although there is a possibility Morrison and Truth could have success as partners in the future, I don't see them winning the titles at Wrestlemania.

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: Streak vs. Career

What I want to happen: I really don't want Shawn Michaels' career to end. I think he still has a few years ahead of him if he takes care of himself. Although I would love to see Taker's Undefeated Streak continue, I want to see HBK continue to wrestle more. Because of this, I want HBK to win the match.

My Prediction: This is really a hard match to predict. Both superstars are amazing competitors and this match promises to be at least a great as last years if not better. If it lives up to the hype, the match will steal the show. In the long run, I think WWE is preparing more RAW superstars for Main Event status. Although Shawn Michaels' always helps ratings, the WWE could afford to do without him and for this reason, I see the Undertaker winning the match.

Batista vs. John Cena: WWE Championship

What I want to happen: I'd really like to see John Cena get some revenge on Batista, but I would also like to see the Championship defended in such a way that raises its prestige. That last solid WWE Championship reign was Triple H in 2008. Since then, no reign has lasted over 100 days, and the longest reign was Randy Orton with 90 days. Because of that, I think Batista really needs to retain the championship in this match if they want to bring proper prestige back to the WWE Championship.

My Prediction: Batista retains. There is a lot of potential in a John Cena/Batista feud and a successful title defense for Batista would allow the possibility of the feud continuing. If run properly, this feud could rival the 2009 feuds between Triple H and Orton and Cena and Orton. A win or a loss for Cena could allow the feud to continue, but Batista defeating Cena, especially a cheap victory, would give Cena an extra edge and make for an interesting feud.

Chris Jericho vs. Edge: World Heavyweight Championship

What I want to happen: Jericho feels he is the best in the world and that he is entitled to hold the title. Edge himself, before his injury at one point said that he needs to hold the championship to survive. The fact that Edge has repeatedly speared Jericho plays into Edge's attempts to gain the mental advantage prior to Wrestlemania. Although Jericho has had a relatively short reign, I would like to see Edge win the title at Wrestlemania, then go on to have a long reign himself.

My Prediction: Edge wins. I can't see them having both titles changing hands at Wrestlemania, but I also can't see both Champions retaining with such big matches set for the title. Also, since the World Heavyweight Championship was created, it has never been successfully defended at Wrestlemania. Although Jericho has the skills to be the first person to do so, I don't think he will be.

These are my predictions for Wrestlemania. Once I have a chance, I will watch and review the event, including comments on the matches and identifying how my predictions compare to what actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment